Pages

23 April 2011

One Fine Maundy Thursday

Maundy Thursday may be an ordinary day for some but not for me, I reserved that day for a very special date. While others opted to spend the day on the beach with their families and friends or at the comfort of their own homes to unwind and relax, I, on the other hand, prepared myself to a special date. Yes, I had a date on a Maundy Thursday, a very special date…with Padre Pio. 


St. Pio of Pietrelcina
My devotion to Padre Pio started about a year ago, I first heard about him on a local Sunday TV show. A week after that, a friend of mine handed me a novena to Padre Pio, he said that his mother wanted me to have it. I don’t remember the exact date anymore but I remember vividly how I instantly burst into tears the moment I saw Padre Pio’s image on the prayer card. From then on, my husband and I started to recite the novena every night before going to sleep. Soon I found out that there’s a chapel built for him in Libis, Q.C. I promised myself to visit the chapel as soon as my schedule permits. 




Maundy Thursday was the day I’ve been waiting for, the day I could finally visit the chapel to personally tell Padre Pio my worries, prayers and wishes. Accompanied by my husband and a friend of ours, we visited St. Pio Chapel in Libis. The moment I entered the chapel, I felt so at peace, a certain feeling of comfort and serenity. Finally, I was able to fulfill my promise to Padre Pio. 


photo taken by my husband at St.Pio Chapel
Just like any first dates, I was there sitting at the corner…speechless! I don’t know why but I was on a complete state of blank, I can’t seem to utter any single prayer I rehearsed on our way to Libis. I just looked at people…families, children, teenagers, and couples pass by, wondering what they are asking for. 


I guess, deep in my heart I know that Padre Pio knows, the Lord knows what the desires of my heart are. That I need not say any words for the Lord is preparing a grand gift for me, and all I have to do is to keep the faith and wait for the perfect time, His own perfect time. 


After twenty minutes or so, I felt the warmth of my husband’s hand gently held mine. And then on my mind, I uttered “thank you Padre Pio” over and over again. I tried so hard to control my emotions and to hold back my tears from falling. I felt as if Padre Pio is telling me that the Lord has already given me the greatest gift of all and everything else that will come our way will just be an added bonus. 

We left the St.Pio Chapel with a promise that we’ll try our very best to visit the place at least once every month. And whether or not He grant us our wish, we’ll spread Padre Pio’s wonderful works to every people we meet. 




 "Pray, Hope and Don't Worry"  - St. Pio of Pietrelcina
 (For mass schedules, visit www.saintpiocenter.com)